IWA – LEGAL AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Please carefully read these terms and conditions before accessing this internet site. By accessing IWA Ltd’s (hereinafter referred to as IWA) website you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The contents of this website (including but not limited to text, images and audiovisual elements) are the copyright of IWA. All rights reserved. The reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents in any form without the prior written permission of IWA is prohibited except in accordance with the following terms.
2. IWA grants you the authorization to store on your computer or to print copies of extracts from this website for your personal use only. The contents of IWA’s website may be used for information purposes only and in such a manner that does not harm the reputation of IWA. Information provided on this website may not be modified without the express written permission of IWA. Individual documents contained in our website may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents.
3. The IWA logotype, the corporate symbol therein and the name of its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as the brand names, product names and the trademarks of IWA, its subsidiaries and affiliates are the property of IWA and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates.
4. The contents of IWA’s website are provided “as is” and “as available”. Except as required by applicable law no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, is made in relation to the correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise of the content of these pages. IWA does not warrant that its pages or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Any IWA documentation may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes and additions may be made by IWA to any information contained herein. IWA reserves the right to revise the website or withdraw access to them at any time.
5. IWA will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any damages, including but not limited to direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, secondary, special, or punitive damages, losses or expenses or loss of profits related to your accessing IWA’s website or any site linked thereto, or the inability to use the contents of this website, or use or attempted use of information contained therein or related to any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or system failure, even if IWA or its representatives are advised of such damages, losses or expenses. The liability of IWA would in such case be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
6. IWA assumes no responsibility for material owned, created or published by third parties that IWA’s website contains a link to. By linking to such third-party site, you shall review and agree to that site’s rules of use before using such site. A link to a non-IWA site does not imply that IWA endorses the site and the products or services referenced in such third-party site.
7. When submitting material to IWA, e.g. by email or through IWA’s website, you agree to the following terms:
(a) You make the material available knowing that IWA may publish it;
(b) You warrant that the material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication;
(c) You will make reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material;
(d) You agree to indemnify IWA if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material you submit;
(e) You agree not to take action against IWA in respect of said material; and
(f) You own the material or have unlimited right to provide it to IWA and IWA may publish the material and/or incorporate it, or any concepts described in it, in IWA’s solutions without accountability or liability of compensation.
IWA undertakes to protect your privacy and personal data. The purpose of this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) is to explain how IWA Ltd and its authorised partners and affiliates (“IWA”) process your personal data related to the IWA’s websites and internet service (“Websites”). IWA processes your personal data in accordance with the Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999), the Finnish Information Society Code (917/2014) and other applicable personal data legislation.
In the following, we provide information on the kinds of data IWA collects on these Websites and the purposes for which IWA uses such data. Please read this Privacy Statement before continuing browsing the Websites. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you are expected to leave the Websites, as the processing is based on your consent.
Collected Data and Sources of Information
When visiting IWA’s Websites, certain technical and other information is automatically sent by your computer to us (e.g. IP address and the type of your browser). IWA also collects information about your website usage by using cookies.
Access to IWA’s Websites is logged for the purpose of security analysis reports and to defend against cyber-attacks. With the exception of the IP address, no personal data is ever collected or used in this connection. IP addresses are analysed only in the event of a cyber-attack.
In addition, IWA collects personal data (e.g., names, addresses, telephone numbers, or email addresses) in connection with the operation of Websites only when you have voluntarily provided such data to us (e.g., through registration, contact inquiries, subscriptions etc.).
As a general rule, IWA uses such data only for the purpose for which you divulged the data to IWA, such as to answer your inquiries, send you subscribed content, or grant you access to certain information or offerings.
Purpose of Processing
The purpose of processing your personal data is to:
1. Ensure an efficient and secure use of IWA’s Websites
2. Develop the Websites for a better quality and broader scope of services
3. Provide customized services and content recognizing your specific needs and interests
4. Reply to your inquiries
Provide marketing information via targeted emails or interpersonal communication
5. Conduct research and collect statistics (e.g. what sections of IWA’s Websites the users visit and how much time they spend on the Websites)
Transfer of Your Personal Data
All IWA companies might have access to your personal data. Moreover, personal data may be transferred to IWA’s suppliers, some of which may be located outside of EU/EEA countries.
In situations where personal data is transferred outside of EU/EEA countries, IWA ensures that sufficient level of data protection is maintained through appropriate safety measures, e.g. EU commission’s model clauses.
Cookies and Other Tools
IWA’s Websites may contain links to other websites and services which serve third-party cookies outside IWA’s control and are not covered by this Privacy Statement. You should review any privacy policies, services and applications found on such websites to understand how your information may be collected and used.
IWA’s Websites may use marketing automation software from vendors operating on IWA’s behalf, which use third-party cookies to track website use.
When a user visits IWA’s Websites, the cookie stores traffic data linked to the unique ID of the cookie in the browser. If the user identifies himself by volunteering personal data, e.g. by filling in a contact form or clicking on links in an email sent by IWA, the cookie’s unique user ID is linked to the personal data volunteered by the user.
This enables IWA to supply a more personalised experience on its Websites and in communications with clients and users of the Websites. IWA does not sell, rent or give away personal data that identifies individuals to any external party, except to parties who process data on IWA’s behalf. By using these Websites, you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
IWA may use your email address to send you electronic marketing information. You can opt out of being contacted via email using the unsubscribe function in emails sent by IWA.
IWA’s Websites use services such as Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.). Data collected by cookies about your use of the Websites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google and other website analytics service providers, on behalf of IWA.
IWA uses website analytics for the purpose of evaluating usage, compiling reports on the activity for our editors and providing other services relating to website activities and internet usage.
Other Third-party Services
IWA’s Websites may contain links to other websites and “share” buttons (such as Twitter or Facebook) that are not operating on IWA’s behalf. Such websites, service or application providers may place their own third-party cookies on users’ computers, collect data, or solicit personal information.
Issuers of such third-party cookies have their own strict privacy policies. You should refer to any privacy policies from such websites, service or application providers to better understand how your information may be collected and used.
How long is your personal data retained?
IWA only retains personal data for as long as it is necessary for us to render a service you have requested or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law (e.g. in connection with pending litigation).
You may at any time contact IWA to check that the personal data related to you is accurate. IWA will at your request rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data. You also have the right to ask IWA to restrict the processing of your personal data for example when you have asked IWA to verify the accuracy of your personal data or asked for erasure of data.
If you feel that IWA has not complied with the applicable personal data legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a competent supervisory authority.
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent and carried out by automated means, you may ask IWA to transmit this data to another data controller.
Should the processing of your personal data be based on your consent, you may at any time revoke your consent by contacting IWA. As processing of your personal data is necessary for IWA to be able to provide you with our services and solutions, revoking your consent may lead to a situation where IWA cannot provide you with some or all of our services and solutions.
Updating the Privacy Statement
IWA reserves the right to update this Privacy Statement as IWA regularly needs to develop its business processes, related policies, and follow up the changing personal data legislation. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement from time to time for any amendments.
If you have any questions regarding IWA’s Legal Notice or Privacy Statement or the use of your personal data, please contact IWA at: